The Intelligent Traffic Cone is used to disseminate information about short-term disturbances in the road and especially in the intersection environment, such as accidents, obstructions caused by vehicles and objects, mowing work, accidents or unplanned construction sites to other road users in a timely and automated manner. The Intelligent Traffic Cone is used, for example, by the police, rescue, recovery and service forces.
Sudden disturbances on the road or at intersections are potentially dangerous and can lead to considerable disruption of the further traffic flow. The resulting traffic jams or vehicles in confusing places are in turn new sources of danger.
The intelligent traffic cone can be of great help here in the future and can make an important contribution to improve traffic safety. Externally, it does not differ from conventional traffic cones, such as those used for accident prevention or for barriers in road construction work. Its innovation is inconspicuous on the inside. Numerous sensors, a positioning and a communication module enable lane-specific positioning and communication with control centres or directly with other vehicles in the vicinity.
The operation and handling of the Intelligent Traffic Cone is very simple. The rescue and emergency services take the traffic cone from its wireless charging station and place it in a suitable position for self-securing and for warning following traffic. The traffic cone activates itself and sends its position and other configurable data to a control center. At the same time, the traffic cone can also directly inform and warn vehicles in the immediate vicinity via automotive WLAN. Along disturbances with larger expansion - for example, on construction sites or road marking work - several traffic cones can be linked by data technology and thus also record information on the spread of a disturbance.
When the job is finished, the traffic cone is simply placed back on its charging station and thus gets deactivated automaticly. The information about this is in turn transmitted to a control station or other vehicles.
- Securing an accident: automatic sending of hazard alerts
- Construction site security: Automatic transmission of messages on the position and extent of moving construction sites
- Lane closure: Transmission of highly accurate position data for the generation of lane sensitive information for road users
- Temporary road blocks: Automatic generation of information for navigation system
- High-precision, lane-by-lane position measurement
- Autonomous operation (battery operation)
- Separation of cone body and base plate (traversing possible)
- Contactless charging, no open contacts
- Robust and shock resistant
- Weatherproof (min. IP67)
- Temperature resistance (-40 to 85°C)
For further information, please also visit our product website at https://leitkegel.ifak.eu.